Did You Have Yourself a Crashy Little Christmas?
Jody Smith may have dodged a holiday bullet this year. She's hoping. Only time will tell. How did you fare?
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Rage from Niacin, Methylation Related?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Charles555nc, May 2, 2012.

1. Charles555nc

Charles555nc Senior Member

I took a single dose of Niacin (Niacinamide), 500mg, and developed extreme rage for about 3 hours afterward. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced and/or whether this reaction was methylation related? I feel a bit better after the Niacin than before I took the Niacin. There is alot of people, in internet searches, who advocate taking large doses of Niacin.

2. adreno

adreno on the beach

Europe
    Histamine release?

3. garcia

garcia Aristocrat Extraordinaire

London, UK
    Another possibility - niacin kills Cpn (Chlamydia Pneumoniae), so could be causing rage that way.

p.s. I would always advocate building up your dose of niacin slowly. Currently I'm quartering a 100mg tablet (so taking 25mg).

4. Charles555nc

You taking Niacin or Niacinamide? I tested positive to CPN. Are there any other supplements that kill CPN?

5. place

place Be Strong!

US
    Yeah... I had some rage... When I first started mythl, that was the only sign I had that something is going on.

Originally I thought it had to do with my... um... monthly cycle and my personality but no it was the b12. I did not lower my dose and it slowly went away in about a week.

I have noticed from what people say is that symptoms tend to come and go in the duration of a week.

I have increased my doses and the rage is still gone. It is the same type of rage that I get when on steriods =)

6. Charles555nc

I think the rage feels similar to the steriodal anti-inflammatory rage, as well.

Alea Ishikawa likes this.
  7. place

place Be Strong!

US
    Also I forgot to add

also....

I am NOT taking a b complex yet so, it is just the b12s. AND as I read the full post, I also was high in CPN. The highest my doctor has ever seen. Yeah for me! =(

I just got my b complex in mail and will start tomorrow. I will let you know if I have anymore roid rage!

8. garcia

London, UK
    I take both, but it is the niacin which kills cpn (not niacinamide).

NAC will kill the Elementary Body / spore form of Cpn.

Various antibacterial herbs may also have an effect.

9. Charles555nc

What dose Niacin do you recemmend?

10. garcia

London, UK
    Start off with the lowest dose you can. I'm currently taking 1/4 of 100mg tablet, so 25mg. I don't take it every day, just when I feel like. Just build up the dose slowly. P.s. niacin will not rid you of a CPn infection. It is just an adjunct therapy.

11. Gavman

Gavman Senior Member

Sydney
    did you get the rosey cheeks too? :)

12. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi Charles555,

Please look at http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?17876-HYPERSENSITIVITY-IDENTIFIED and tell me if it fits on various items. I'll have a better profile soon.

13. Charles555nc

Sent you pm freddd.

14. Charles555nc

I went into a mini crash after taking Niacin for a week, some thiamin helped me out of it...maybe limiting factors?

15. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi Charles,

I have a couple of questions. Do you generally have anxiety? A fearful outlook? Avoidence of "thrill" sprts and entertainments. Rage? Volitile shifting moods?

16. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle

See more popular forum discussions.