Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Radio Jan 14th: Dr Judy Mikovits talking about research and treatment for ME

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Countrygirl, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl I'm with Cheesus

UK
    On Wednesday 14th January Dr Judy Mikovits is speaking live on the air at 4pm Pacific time. She'll discuss her new book PLAGUE, retroviruses, and environmental toxins. She'll also cover what kind of research is needed, and what she thinks are the best ways to structure and fund it. Perhaps most importantly, she'll talk about what *we* can do to help ourselves and our families. The event will be recorded if you can't listen live.

Here is the link to the radio.

http://prn.fm/

cigana, Bob and SDSue like this.
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

3. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

4. Countrygirl

UK
    Don't forget that Dr Judy Mikovits is speaking today.

Bob likes this.
  5. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    At midnight, for us in UK. :sleep: But my sleep pattern is messed up anyway, so it's fine for me. :wide-eyed:

Countrygirl likes this.
  6. Countrygirl

UK
    Tell me about it, Bob! :cry: It is 35 years since I've had a full night's sleep. I will leave my laptop on and I may or may not be awake, but it is recorded, so there are no worries. It should be very interesting and I look forward to it.

Bob likes this.
  7. Countrygirl

UK
  8. Dufresne

Dufresne almost there...

Montreal
    It's a good overview, at least to someone who's admittedly not into the small details and science of the ordeal. She comes across as sincere and passionate. I guess she always has.

She seems to make some very good points. One of which, that I never thought was paid proper respect, is concerning when Lipkin found suggestions of retroviral infection in his sequencing but then went on to say he didn't think it would pan out. I remember thinking: really.. that's it? no further explanation or scientific inquiry? If anything backs up her claims there are retroviruses in the regular population, it's this.

And I fully agree with her criticism of the scientific system, from funding to suppression, whether there are new retroviruses out there or not.

natasa778 and beaker like this.

See more popular forum discussions.