1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and Beating the Clock
For Jody Smith, the ticking of a clock was enough at one time to chase her back to her bed. But with the passage of time, she has been able to reclaim her living room ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Quick Question - Should I be taking methylcobalamin or hydroxocobalamin?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by veganmua, Feb 23, 2014.

1. veganmua

veganmua

London, Uk
    DNA results are in my signature. Which one should I be on, or perhaps both? COMT +/+ says I should have hydroxocobalamin and avoid methylcobalamin, but MTR -/+, MTRR A664A +/+ and MTRR A66G +/+ say I need to take methylcobalamin. What do I do? I am on methylcobalamin but I don't seem to be improving much.

Thanks!
  2. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    If you are using Fred's full protocol I would say stick with Methyl but if you are using something different perhaps the hydro?

The only thing I know about Hydro is it is often used for bipolar or schizo where methyl b12 might make them more emotionally charged? I think...

anyways I hope you find what works for you!

PQQ and COQ10 alongside the methylation supplements would be helpful!

-Todd
  3. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Methylcobalamin. Hydroxy is next to useless.
  4. richarduklon

richarduklon

Hi,

Can I ask how you got the DNA tests? I'm in London and researching for a friend and it would be good to mention this to her.

Cheers Richard.
  5. veganmua

veganmua

London, Uk
    23andme. They ship to the UK. $99 plus $70 for international shipping. Worth it, in my opinion. Then you can put the results through geneticgenie and nutrahacker. Good luck to your friend!

See more popular forum discussions.