1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
California 2014: IACFS/ME Day Three: Translating Science into Clinical Care: 22 March 2014
Day Three, and Searcher continued to deliver the goods. We hear about the PANDORA national survey results, a very big familial case study from Spain, results from the Canadian Community Health Survey, more results from epidemiological studies (and a look at treatments and...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Quick help for headache/migraine !!

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by EMilo, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member

Toronto
    Whenever I get severe headaches that last that long I wind up going to the hospital emerg and getting and IV bag. It works well and I feel an energy lift in general for a day or two from it.
    I know this sounds lame compared to pharmaceutical relief but increasing my fluid intake (just plain water) every day has helped me.
    EMilo and snowathlete like this.
  2. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    I don't think there is much about acupressure in it - at least not the from the treatment my dad got; the main component of the treatment is the EMDR. I expect there are different people practicing with different variations?
  3. Seewell

Seewell Senior Member

Havnt looked into this any further yet (got brain fog today) but will tonight.
    The video i was watching used a combination of Acupressure & EMDR.I think i was confusing the two.
    But from a quick look at your link (much appreciated) EMDR is - eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing ?
    atb
  4. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

A bag of saline?

Sushi
  5. Seewell

Seewell Senior Member

I have been trying out Barefoot earthing recently(for about 2weeks now).And since doing this the amount of
    migraines ive been getting have droped considerably.I dont know if this is just a coincidence yet.
    But BFE is said to help.(i sit under the trees out the back, bare feet on the dirt for about 20 to 30 min.)
    http://www.herald.ie/lifestyle/how-down-to-earth-are-you-29316399.html

Have had migraines for many years now.Always interested in different drug free ways that help.
    But sometimes a tablet is all that works:(
  6. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member

Toronto
    Sushi

Sorry, Yes. I also request a pain reliever which I think is demerol but I'm usually in no state to care or remember. : )
    Also, they've given me a vitamin bag without my asking for one. The demerol is of course what gives me the relief but after getting it with the saline (as opposed to catching my headache early and medicating with drugs I have on hand) I can feel the difference in that I feel exceptionally well for a day or two.
  7. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    yes, dehydration is a known trigger for migraine and headache. not lame at all
    ahimsa likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.