• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Questions as a beginner, am I doing the right thing?

Hi people of Phoenixrising,

So I made a recent thread about how I tried to do this on my own without any testing because of financial reasons. Also, in New York, naturopaths are not covered by insurance so to go to a doctor I would have to save up my money to get any consultation or tests done. I'm 19 with a part time job so to get the testing needed, I'd have to wait a while.

The symptoms I've noticed from starting methylfolate and Methylb12 and Adb12 are:

I can take three 800 mcg methylfolate pills no problem and actually feel better taking them. The problem is I feel symptoms like heart palpitations and shortness of breath when I go overboard. I also feel anxious and the "wired but tired" feeling.

With Methylb12 I experience heart palpitations and shortness of breath greater than the methylfolate. I can take 1-2 of the enzymatic therapy 1000mcg lozenges with slight symptoms but any more and i'll feel anxious and heart palpitations with shortness of breath.

With Adb12 I take the seeking health brand 3000mcg every few days no problem, I feel energized when I take these.

Also some other symptoms I've been having that I dont know which of the supplements caused is higher histamine (I thought methylation was supposed to decrease this). I have no way of knowing for sure but ive developed slight rashes here and there, canker sores the first couple weeks, and styes. Also I took a 50 mg of nicotinic acid and I had a pretty intense niacin flush reaction. My whole upper body became very red and itchy for about 10 - 15 mins.

I'd also like to add that i had heart palpitations and shortness of breath before starting all this but not very frequent. I attribute this to me having CFS? Also I have dark circles under my eyes that almost never go away.. I never used to be like this, I was always a healthy person. Ive notice the heart palpitations and shortness of breath come in response to me taking too high doses.

ALSO, I've kinda been obsessing over a way to improve my mood as I've been feeling pretty anxious and depressed that comes and goes. I want to get back my feeling of vitality. Since taking these supplements (including vitamin d, k, c and b complex on occasion, fish oil, trace minerals I from seeking health, 30 mg optizinc, sea-iodine) Ive been feeling much better but I still feel like theres more in the way.

The biggest reason I got into this is because I have severe premature ejaculation no matter how many consistent times I have sex... (a bit embarrassing). I just want to feel better, not only because of my sex related problems but I want to feel the vitality I once had.. Please help me address my symptoms and help me to properly methlylate

@Freddd ?