1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Questions about Trifield RF Meter

Discussion in 'Hypersensitivity and Intolerance' started by Womble, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Womble

Womble

I think I finally have to take the plunge and buy a Trifield Meter, for my RF sensitivity,

...but have some serious questions:

1. Will the meter just measure activity of things it is extremely close to, or could it detect a cell phone that is in the house but a larger distance away?

2. Could it detect RF that is coming in from outside agencies such as a neighbor using wi-fi or a smart meter outside the house?

3. Does it only detect a cell phone when it is receiving or making a call, or can it detect a cell phone that is simply powered on?

4. Have you ever seen a Trifield Meter give a positive reading even when a cell phone was powered off?

My main concern is I will spend up to $200 on a meter, and it won't really tell me much useful information. I get sick from a lot of RF including cell phones that are further away and sometimes even off (yes, it is true).

Maybe you can recommend a good meter that might fit my purposes.

Would appreciate advice.

Thanks,
    Womble

See more popular forum discussions.