• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Questions about pot for medical benefits and buying from dispensary

perchance dreamer

I got Mr. Moxey's Mints at Uncle Ike's Pot Shop at 23rd and Union. It took about an hour for it to kick in. At first it was a sudden, powerful high, but then evened out to something more mellow and pleasant. I got less high as the afternoon went on, but the pain relief lasted for hours. It was great!

There's a lot of construction in front of the store, so we parked away a little bit. Large swaths of downtown seem to be under construction. The weather was glorious during my whole trip.

Thanks for letting us know how this worked out for you. 62% is a ton of THC!!! No wonder you were blotto.
I really like the edible dose mints as well. For me it seems they kick in subtle and the pain relief lasts longer than via inhalation. Glad you had the chance to experience and experiment. Too bad TX is still in the dark ages about this most excellent medicinal plant. And I love Seattle, such a fun place.

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
I got Mr. Moxey's Mints at Uncle Ike's Pot Shop at 23rd and Union. It took about an hour for it to kick in. At first it was a sudden, powerful high, but then evened out to something more mellow and pleasant. I got less high as the afternoon went on, but the pain relief lasted for hours. It was great!

There's a lot of construction in front of the store, so we parked away a little bit. Large swaths of downtown seem to be under construction. The weather was glorious during my whole trip.

I'm familiar with the neighborhood surrounding Uncle Ike's. I worked at a clinic 10 blocks away from there from 1982 to 1990. The building where Uncle Ike's is now used to be a Taco Bell and I would have lunch there occasionally.

I think everyone in Seattle has heard about Uncle Ike's because of the controversy surrounding its location near a church:
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/marijuana/protesters-march-on-seattles-uncle-ikes-pot-shop/

I'm definitely going to put Mr. Moxey's mints on my shopping list.

What did you think about the funny names for all the different strains of flowers?

perchance dreamer

Thanks for the link about Uncle Ike's, @CFS_for_19_years. I can see why the church and protesters would be concerned, but I have to admit, I also think it's pretty funny!

My sister wanted to go there because she passes it when she goes to work downtown. When there's not construction there, she said there's a carnival-like atmosphere in front of the store.

We smelled pot a lot while we were walking around Seattle. She said busting people for smoking in public is at the very bottom of the Seattle Police's list of priorities. And with all the edibles and other forms of pot, it's easy to consume it in public without anyone noticing.

I was amazed at all the creative names for bud and the long menu lists and also the sheer number of dispensaries in Seattle. They are everywhere! The other dispensary we went to was Herban Legends, a short walk from the market.

When I got my receipt from the first place we went, I marveled at how smart it is to legalize pot, standardize it, and then tax the hell out of it. The cannabis tax was hefty.

I think other states are going to start noticing how much WA and CO make from pot sales and come up gradually, in some cases, with ways to justify it in their own states.

For a tiny step in TX, there's bipartisan talk of decriminalizing possession of small amounts of pot and just fining people instead of throwing them in jail. It was interesting: The Republican in the article I read said that the many people in jail for pot cause a drain on social services when they get out. If that's how they have to frame it to get support, so be it.

But then our doofus governor was quick to say that he's committed to keeping pot illegal in TX. But he and his party are not always going to be in power here, so maybe it won't be too terribly long before we at least have medical pot.

Sadly, I think you were right about how at least some THC needs to be present in addition to CBD in order to work. We can buy CBD products without THC in TX, but they don't work for me.

perchance dreamer

Recently, my 2 best friends flew in to visit me in Austin for several days. One lives in the Midwest and went through airport security in a small town.

Once she got through the screening, she almost had a coronary because she had forgotten that she had a joint in her backpack. (They did not have drug-sniffing dogs there.) It might be that not that many 60-year-old librarian grandmothers get flogged for illegal pot possession, but, seriously, it would be a true buzzkill to get caught and have to pay a lawyer a lot of money.

Anyway, we were all glad she accidentally brought it for our little reunion. @CFS_for_19_years, it might have been the sativa type you talked about earlier in this thread because we all talked a lot and laughed so hard our faces hurt the next day.

I had only 1 hit and could not possibly have had more. DH and my friends were able to keep smoking it. I wonder why it hits me so much stronger than other people?

One good thing that happened last week is that 4 states got recreational pot passed, and 2 got medical pot, Florida and North Dakota, I think. I hope this trend continues although some states, such as Texas and my home state of Mississippi, will never legalize recreational and might never legalize medical unless the political horizon really changes.