• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

questions about caution with vitamin A & E

lemonworld

I'm planning to start methylation and want to get the basic supplements down before then.

I haven't started vitamin A or E yet, as I'm usure of what is the best way to do it or if they are safe? I see so much contradicting advice out there, and I realize there might not be a definitive answer, but I would love to hear other peoples input and experiences with this.

Through diet and fish oil I get around 50 mg vitamin E and 3500 IU vitamin A every day.

I've seen 10 000 IU vitamin A recommended, which I have no chance of reaching without a supplement.

I have bough the Now foods Gamma-E-complex, but it has only 200mg Gamma-tocopherol out of 600mg total tocopherols, so I'm not sure it's a worth while supplement?

what are you supplementing?