• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Question: Mom's periods stop after chickenpox?

Thank you for answering and sending links i'm looking at now.
After my mother got the chickenpox her periods stop for three months.
yes shes 51 years old but she was check she is not menopause.
when her peroids came back they were thick, dry clots. not normal flow.
i know it sound gross.
she seems to have no fluid or mucosa in her body.
below her bellybutton to the right it's swollen out from her pelvic region up to around her back.
do you know why it does it, that her menstruals are mess up after the virus?
she was having normal periods before.

let me know soon thank you.

Valentijn

@jen86 - A recent study I was looking at said there was a lot of evidence that menstruation evolved as a way to deal with infections. But it's definitely something her doctor needs to look into if it's an ongoing problem.

Sea

It's doesn't always happen but it's not unusual for there to be a disruption to menstruation with illness so I wouldn't necessarily have any concern about missing 3 months. Then it would also be relatively common for the first few to be unusual after missing some. If it is concerning her or if it remains unusual for her I'd encourage her to get it checked out.