• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

question for those tested positive for xmrv and those who are sun sensitive

xrayspex

I cannot tolerate sun/heat for long. I have Sjogrens, suspected Lupus. only 1/3 of Lupus are sun sensitive. I don't get malar rash but brain fog and joint pain etc

I did bunch of research on mechanisms behind why that happens and one thing that came up is a problem with
metalloprotease and they suggest inhibitors of that like doxy. Interestingly that can also be a cause of gum perio problems and I have both joint pain and gum probs.

I did a search of metalloprotease on here and interestingly only thing came up were 2 papers,one on xmrv and the other on mulv. I am wondering if maybe some auto-immune and some retro virus stuff could be related, yea yea I know, xmrv not around anymore but the one paper on mulv is from '76

oh PS so I tested positive for xmrv.....just curious if some others who also did are sun sensitive? if there could be some connection.

or if you are sun sensitive and get in flares from it I am also interested ....like have you found an antidote :)

1. Post
    Proteins of the XMRV retrovirus Christopher Carter
    ...factor FOXO6 (Table 8) , pleckstrin 3 (Table 9) the metalloprotease ADAMTS9 and ubiquilin 3 (Table 10). Discussion. The XMRV virus expresses...
    Post by: VillageLife, Jul 17, 2010 in forum: XMRV Research and Replication Studies
  2. MuLV found inserted into MITOCHONDRIAL DNA[/paste:font]
    ...Abstract Top Abstract Introduction The mitochondrial metalloprotease AFG3L2 assembles with the homologous protein paraplegin to form a...
    Post by: XMRV Research and Replication Studies

Last edited:

ahmo

@xrayspex From the moment I collapsed w/ ME I could not tolerate sun. horrible. Years passed before I discovered pyroluria, and among the many symptoms I had, sun sensitivity was one. Within 5 days of starting the supplements, I no longer was intolerant to sun. Amazing. Here's a questionnaire for pyroluria. And Dietrich Klinghardt's protocol. I never did lab testing, just took the questionnaire twice, to answer yes to things that were in my past, but not current. My score was high enuf for me to order supps. The rest is history. good luck.

http://www.hputest.nl/evraag.htmpyroluria questionnaire

Klinghardt: Autism, Lyme, Pyroluria youtube

Short Version (36pg) Pyroluria/Lyme protocol. From Powerpoint doc used during Klinghardt presentation: Lyme Induced Autism http://www.lymeinducedautism.com/images/1_KlinghardtKPU_09_PX.pdf