Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

question for those on abx for bartonella

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by Aerose91, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

Are there any supplements to avoid while on the abx? Soon I'll be starting rifampin and minocycline but I forgot to ask my doctor this question and he's waaay too expensive for me to go back to just to ask this.
    As you know, we tend to take a lot of supp.s so I'm wondering if there are any to watch out for. Curcumin? Coq10? Methylation supps? etc.

Thanks for any help.

2. Vojta

Vojta Senior Member

Czech Republic
    Just don't take any mineral supplements (Mg, Ca, Fe..) and dairy products with mino. Taking them apart 2-3h should be fine. I took same combination 2 years ago. I don't remember any other special precautions.

Valentijn likes this.
  3. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    With Rifampin avoid milk thistle and be aware that taking it for a long time can lower your cortisol levels alarmingly. You might want to get the 24 hour cortisol test after taking it for a while. I eventually had to stop it because of low cortisol.

4. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

Wow, that's good to know since before even getting ME I had severe adrenal fatigue which still persists today. I do saliva cortisol tests a couple times a year so I'm probably do one before starting and then again once on them. Thanks.

Sushi likes this.
  5. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

Did you see any improvements with it?

See more popular forum discussions.