1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Question for people who have taken the NutrEval test

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by juniemarie, Dec 27, 2012.

1. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
    I am curious to know if those of you who have taken this test followed the guidelines from the lab which says all supplements and several other medications I take need to be stopped 4 days before the test!
    I am afraid to go off some of the stuff I take but then if I dont I may not get accurate results

2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    It depends on what you want from the test. If you want a look at the underlying problems you have, then the drugs will make it much harder to figure out if the values are accurate. But if you want to see the effect your regimen is having, you should stay on them.

If it's your first test, you probably want to see what your body is doing, not what the current treatment is doing.

3. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    What if you cannot afford to do the test more than once?

4. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Once is fine. It will give you information for treatment that will probably take years to complete. I did mine in Oct. 2012, and don't feel the need to do another one. Although I have done individual followup tests, such as stool tests and toxic metals.

5. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    Did you stop your supplements before doing the test?

See more popular forum discussions.