1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Question about Lyme Protocol

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by Daffodil, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

Hi all. I have a question about this Lyme protocol I am about to start.

I have instructions on how to take Samento and later begin Banderol...but the instructions for Cumanada are separate.

Am I supposed to start the Cumanada at the same time as the Samento, or add it later on?

Thanks a lot

2. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

Surrey
    Hi @Daffodil, If you start Samento gradually, I'd wait at least until you reach your target dosage or later, before you start any other herb. Reactions to herbs tend to vary from person to person and if you start with two or more at the same time, then you have an adverse reaction you don't know which one caused it.

Hanna and Wayne like this.
  3. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    @Daffodil

Cumanda, according to the handout you probably have, is for co-infections, not Borrelia. Do you have co-infections?

Sushi

4. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

hi sushi. my IgG to bartonella was a little elevated so the doc thinks i probably have that. also, cuz of my night sweats and low grade fevers, my doc thinks i need a babesia test. i will send blood for that on tuesday.

i actually had a couple of low grade fevers when i spoke to the doctor, but now i am not sure i should have reported it because i dont have them often anymore.

it didnt register that cumanada is for co-infections, even though i read it. very little registers due to fog (i typed "gof" about 3 times ugh)

5. Sushi

Albuquerque
    The Babesia FISH test is probably the one you want.

In any case, Cumanda is hard for me. I can only tolerate about 1/4 of drop, so if I were you, I'd wait until you are established on Samento--which can be hard too.

Sushi

6. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

hi sushi. thanks for letting me know. the FISH test is the one he recommended.

maybe i should wait also until the babesia test results return...
    xoxo

7. Sushi

Albuquerque
    For the FISH test, "I think" that you have to use an Igenex kit--or so I've been told.

Sushi

Daffodil likes this.
  8. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

hi sushi. yes i already have the kit...

xoxox

Sushi likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.