• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Question about hydroxycobalamin

Hi,
I am wondering if hydroxycobalamin is "hydrolyzed". I can't seem to find anything on it. I'm getting it from the hydro part. Anyway, anything Hydrolyzed will affect my glutamate problem. Does anyone know?

Thanks,

CO

Freddd

Hi,
I am wondering if hydroxycobalamin is "hydrolyzed". I can't seem to find anything on it. I'm getting it from the hydro part. Anyway, anything Hydrolyzed will affect my glutamate problem. Does anyone know?

Thanks,

CO

HyCbl is also OHCbl. Its not "hydro", it is hydroxal. It is the OH that attaches in place of the CH4 (Methyl B12) or Adenosyl with Adenosyl B12. In an aqueous solution MeCbl, AdoCbl and CyCbl a suitable photon of light causes the conversion of molecules of any of those 3 forms of cobalamin to an equilibrium solution of OHCbl and AquaCbl. Xcobalamin is not a protein and isn't broken down into component amino acids and is not glutamate or contain glutamate to be broken out, to the best of my knowledge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxyl
A hydroxyl is a chemical functional group containing an oxygen atom connected by a covalent bond to a hydrogen atom... When the -OH group participates in an ionic bond, the [-OH−] anion is called the "hydroxide" ion.

HyCbl is also OHCbl. Its not "hydro", it is hydroxal. It is the OH that attaches in place of the CH4 (Methyl B12) or Adenosyl with Adenosyl B12. In an aqueous solution MeCbl, AdoCbl and CyCbl a suitable photon of light causes the conversion of molecules of any of those 3 forms of cobalamin to an equilibrium solution of OHCbl and AquaCbl. Xcobalamin is not a protein and isn't broken down into component amino acids and is not glutamate or contain glutamate to be broken out, to the best of my knowledge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxyl
A hydroxyl is a chemical functional group containing an oxygen atom connected by a covalent bond to a hydrogen atom... When the -OH group participates in an ionic bond, the [-OH−] anion is called the "hydroxide" ion.

Thank you Freddd!

Critterina

Hi,

Thanks,

CO
@Cricketsof ,
I can't have hydrolized things, either, because of histamine intolerance. But Freddd is right, these are two different things. What is a glutamate problem? (If you don't mind my asking?)
Crit

@Cricketsof ,
I can't have hydrolized things, either, because of histamine intolerance. But Freddd is right, these are two different things. What is a glutamate problem? (If you don't mind my asking?)
Crit

Hi Crit,
I don't mind at all. Anything that hits my glutamate receptors such as MSG and all it's derivatives. I'm almost positive it's because I have taken a benzodiazepine for a very long time for anxiety. They up regulate your glutamate receptors and down regulate gaba receptors over a long time. I can't even eat tomatoes or mushrooms etc. High in glutamate. Getting off of them is a whole other ball game although I have titrated down but holding for now which doesn't help much either.
I hope that helped explain. :)

Best of health,
CO

Critterina

@Cricketsof ,
Thanks! That does explain. Wow, that brings back memories...my summer job to pay for college was with Hoffmann-LaRoche. I think their patent on Librium was just expiring at that time. Sorry about the no tomatoes and mushrooms! I can't have tomatoes because of the histamines; it's really a sacrifice.
I take GABA. Do you? Would that help or just mess things up?
Crit

@Cricketsof ,
Thanks! That does explain. Wow, that brings back memories...my summer job to pay for college was with Hoffmann-LaRoche. I think their patent on Librium was just expiring at that time. Sorry about the no tomatoes and mushrooms! I can't have tomatoes because of the histamines; it's really a sacrifice.
I take GABA. Do you? Would that help or just mess things up?
Crit

Hi Crit,
It's soo many foods right now. It really is a struggle to figure out what to eat as I see you know exactly what I'm saying.
No, I can't take Gaba because it does not cross the blood brain barrier. However, people who have never had to deal with these NASTY benzo's it probably would help them a bit. I see you have SAI. Do you take HC for that? And your tumor??? How are you doing? I hope you don't mind me asking.
I have a dear friend who has Cushing's and has had a tumor removed from her pituitary AND her adrenals removed.

CO:)

Critterina

Hi Crit,
It's soo many foods right now. It really is a struggle to figure out what to eat as I see you know exactly what I'm saying.
No, I can't take Gaba because it does not cross the blood brain barrier. However, people who have never had to deal with these NASTY benzo's it probably would help them a bit. I see you have SAI. Do you take HC for that? And your tumor??? How are you doing? I hope you don't mind me asking.
I have a dear friend who has Cushing's and has had a tumor removed from her pituitary AND her adrenals removed.

CO:)
Hi CO,

I am so totally with you on the food struggle! I take prednisone for the SAI. My tumor turns out to be incidental - not causing anything. Plan to take another image in December to see if it's growing, but other pituitary hormones, except GH, are all good. I feel for your friend. I hope she still has her ovaries, so they can at least do the sex hormone part. She must have a terrible time with thyroid, plus the aldosterone and cortisol needing to be supplemented.

And actually, I'm doing really well. I exercise about 9-10 hours /week. I have most of my strength back and a good deal of my stamina. Getting my testosterone up from zero seemed to be the latest ticket, after getting my temp up from the low 96s (sometimes the not-so-high 95s, where we would be euthanizing me if I were a laboratory animal), and getting all those nasty symptoms of low cortisol taken care of with the low dose prednisone. Each of these has been a minor miracle. I'd love to get my libido back, and my hair is falling out, but I'd gladly go bald before going back to what I was 2-3 years ago.

Thanks for asking!

Critterina