1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Quest Diagnostic Codes?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by minkeygirl, Sep 20, 2013.

1. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
    I gave my doc a list of labs I wanted run but she cannot find the diagnostic codes in the Quest directory for the following. Does anyone know what they are?

NK Cells, T Suppressor, Cocksackie Antibodies

Thanks

I found NK cells but not the others. May not be available through them.

2. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
  3. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    Thanks!

4. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    minkeygirl, just in case you're not aware.... NK cell numbers are often normal in PWME while NK cell function is not. You might want to consider if you want to pay for a NK cell number test. I don't think (although I'm not certain) that Quest has an NK cell function test.

Have you considered a Cytotoxic T-cell (CD8+) numbers test? That's another immune abnormality that's seen in ME/CFS.

5. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    Someone told me what to get. Doc already sent the lab order so this will have to so for now. Plenty to work with.

Thanks.

6. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    Good luck with the tests. I hope they find something you can treat (and thereby improve your quality of life). :)

7. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    Thanks SOC. I know I have some viruses going on. I've been taking 1200 mgs Acyclovir and it's the one thing I know helps. Subtle but it helps. I'm waiting to see if the new doc will RX them or another antiviral for me which would be considerably cheaper than what I had been paying.

She also asked me to get MTHFR done which I did with 23andME so there is a lot to tackle.

And yes, I'm not looking for a cure. I'm looking to keep me where I am for as long as we can. If I feel better then that is a bonus.

Minks

SOC likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.