Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Quercetin safety

Discussion in 'Hypersensitivity and Intolerance' started by Chziime, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @xrayspex Am not feeling well enough to read the article but I take three different types of Quercetin 2x/day for MCAS. The first is within my NeuroProtek supplement, the second is Quercetin plus Vit C by Twin Labs, and third is plain Q by Jarrow. I would eliminate the third and just do the 2nd but it ends up being too much Vit C that way so I have to mix and match. Have not had any side effects that I know of and it is supposed to be a very strong natural antihistamine.

picante and xrayspex like this.
  2. xrayspex

xrayspex Senior Member

u.s.a.
    sounds good gingergurl--I think study relevant because I have both sjogrens and chronic fatigie; title of the study:
    The Flavonoid Quercetin Inhibits Proinflammatory Cytokine (Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha) Gene Expression in Normal Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells via Modulation of the NF-κβ System

picante likes this.
  3. picante

picante Senior Member

Helena, MT USA
    Thanks for your observations about your responses, @xrayspex. I've also been trying things for over 25 years.
    And look what I just found:

xrayspex and Gondwanaland like this.
  4. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    Interesting to read this old thread from 2015 and I stopped taking 2000 mg per day of Quercetin a long time ago and now only take 500 mg per day. I also stopped taking NeuroProtek and Daosin a long time ago b/c no longer need them.

Gondwanaland and picante like this.
  5. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

This is good news!

Did you ever take digestive enzymes?

6. xrayspex

xrayspex Senior Member

u.s.a.
    @picante hey thanks for that, cool to hear!

interesting this came up again as I just popped in forum to research: Pelargonium Sidoides
    I think it is helping me with a bronchial issue that was developing and there is good research on it I am seeing

frequency specific microcurrent (fsm) is really helping me too with bronchial irritation--a lot goes a long way with me so I am just doing like a minute of frequencies for bronchial spasm and bronchial allergy/histamine---been trying this the last 10 days every couple few days (long story short I am being exposed to ongoing bronchial irritant lately--working on minimizing that)

picante likes this.
  7. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    Thanks and I take a small fraction of the MCAS meds that I took in 2015 & 2016 b/c no longer needed. I tried digestive enzymes w/a naturopath in 2014, before I had any idea what was wrong with me, but in my case they did not do anything (good or bad).

picante and Gondwanaland like this.

See more popular forum discussions.