1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Queasy, light-headed feeling...

Discussion in 'Autonomic, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory' started by daisybell, Jul 26, 2014.

1. daisybell

daisybell Senior Member

New Zealand
    Hi all,
    I would really appreciate your advice and experience re some weird symptoms I am having right now...
    The closest thing I can think of to describe it is like when you have had one or two too many alcoholic drinks... Except I haven't.

I am getting waves of nausea and feeling woozy, but not actually in danger of vomiting or of passing out. I have a BP monitor in the house and so I have measured this, and it's ok.. Perhaps a little high but not low anyway.

I have my usual chest pain and malaise but nothing that feels worse than I often get. I just feel weird!

Is this common? Is it autonomic?
  2. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    I get this from eating something that didn't agree with me or triggering a strong blood glucose & insulin release. Do you have a blood glucose monitor ?

I have hyperinsulinemia so I over produce insulin. A glucose monitor won't catch an increase in insulin. I have no idea if there's a home test for insulin.

Pepto bismol, digestive enzymes, eating fat + protein to stabilize your glucose or probiotics might help. Tc .. x
    daisybell likes this.
  3. IreneF

IreneF Senior Member

I get nausea off and on. Crystallized ginger works well.

Woozy is kind of par for the course.

Small meals are good. Esp. something with sugar, such as a banana.
    xchocoholic likes this.
  4. daisybell

daisybell Senior Member

New Zealand
    Funnily enough I am not sure that it is related to eating... I seem to be generally in a low patch with lots of fatigue and malaise. I hope I can pace myself better and get back some function as currently I am just steadily deteriorating.
  5. xchocoholic

Florida
    Keeping a symptom diary might help you recognize what's happening. Include date, time, activities, symptom and all foods, meds or supplements. Also any environmental exposures. Dogs, cats, chemicals ... whatever else you can think of.

Reactions / symptoms aren't always apparent but over time you should see some patterns emerge. Sometimes it can take months to recognize a pattern. And sometimes there isn't a way to identify a trigger.

Our symptoms can be from hard to measure biochemical sources like hormones. Female hormonal reactions can sometimes be identified but not always. Explanations are on the web.

The symptoms you gave are common for hormonal issues too. I used to feel sickly when ovulating and then again right before my menses. I puked every month as a teen. Tmi. Lol.

Writing these down helped me because I forget easily. It also trains you to listen to your body.

Apologies if you already knew this.

Ginger tea is great for this too.

Tc .. x
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    daisybell likes this.
  6. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    Could be low blood volume. If your body is trying to compensate by raising your blood pressure, you might not show the more common low blood pressure with low blood volume.

Or maybe you just ate something that disagreed with you. ;)
    ahimsa likes this.
  7. daisybell

daisybell Senior Member

New Zealand
    @SOC
    I think you may be right about the low blood volume. I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary, and I seem to be one the lucky ones with regard to my gut function.

However today I feel very shaky and my exercise tolerance is about 10 steps!
  8. xchocoholic

Florida
    Hi. Food sensitivities don't always equal digestive problems.
    If you google leap food intolerance you'll find the customfitnutrition site. Under their forms section is a form you can print out.

Tc .. x

See more popular forum discussions.