Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Qn: How risky to stop daily B12 for 2 wks?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by ScottTriGuy, Dec 3, 2015.

1. ScottTriGuy

ScottTriGuy Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.

Toronto, Canada
    I'm going to lie on a beach for 2 weeks starting late Dec - the hotel room doesn't have a fridge, so I'd have to store my methylB12 in their kitchen fridge and fetch it each day - I'm currently injecting 1000mcg daily.

How risky of relapse would 2 weeks of not doing mB12 (and methylfolate too I presume)?

I'm hetero for C677T but only homo for A66G if that matters.

Thanks.

2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Try Douglas Laboratories Methylcobalamin Liquid before you go. It's a liquid sublingual and doesn't need to be refrigerated, although I wouldn't let it get hot or exposed to sunlight. But it's ok on a shelf at room temperature for a month (as long as the bottle lasts if you take 1000mcg per day). Supposed to be as effective as the injectables.

You can get it from Amazon.com.

Otherwise, with the injectable, I would try keeping it in a cooler on ice or with gel packs. It's easier if you're driving instead of flying. The hotel should have ice.

3. whodathunkit

whodathunkit Senior Member

Methylcobalamin doesn't need to be refrigerated. That's just a precaution, probably started against high temps during shipping (like sitting in the back of a delivery truck in the middle of summer).

It should be fine in an air-conditioned hotel room. I leave mine in the fridge as a precaution, but I've left it out on the counter for over 24 hours before and it's never been affected by that.

MeB12 is very light sensitive, however. So make sure the bottle's wrapped in tinfoil. I also keep my bottle in a light-proof container, in addition to the tinfoil wrapping. For the container I chose a opaque plastic tub with a screw on lid that originally had some glutamine powder in it. Convenient size and no light gets in at all. Something like that should pack in your suitcase well, too.

4. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

Canada
    @ScottTriGuy If you've had some improvement with your methylation plan and then stop for 2 weeks, it's possible you'll have to start from scratch again when you return. Do you want to do that? ie build up low and slow?

5. ScottTriGuy

ScottTriGuy Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.

Toronto, Canada
    Excellent ideas - thanks much - negates risk of not taking it as @helen1 points out.

And my tinfoil hat can do double duty.

Crux likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.