• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

QMUL spent £250,000 in legal fees to prevent the release of the PACE trial data

@Cheshire I wonder does this need its own thread? :)
Yes yes yes!

Edit: Seriously, this is major, and should not just get lost within this thread. Robin Callender Smith is Professor of Media Law at QMUL. He was a Information Rights Judge at the time the FOI request was seeking PACE data from QMUL, and they were spending a small fortune in tax payers' money trying to block it. He slams both PACE and QMUL in this one FB post. And he acknowledges being unable to speak of it at the time. This post by RCS is a significant watershed moment! Major, major blow to PACE and all those trying to bolster it as a "great, great" trial. Big implications for all the other similar trials rumbling away in the background.

Last edited:

Jan

In FB how do I share RCS's post? When I try, it shares Valerie's post but not RCS's.

Edit: I've got around it by just including a link to RCS's post. But it would still be useful to know if there is a better way.

Is this still on Twitter, I shared it last night, but can't find it now?