Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

QMUL psychiatrist Kam Bhui who has looked at ethnicity and chronic fatigue gets CBE (honour)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Dolphin, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

http://www.wolfson.qmul.ac.uk/newsandevents/three-qmul-academics-to-receive-honours-from-the-queen

Here are 2 papers he co-authored:

Note that the psychiatrists Peter White and Simon Wessely co-authored both papers. Those 2 individuals are particularly unpopular with a lot of the ME community. Simon Wessely has previously got a knighthood and Peter White got an OBE.

2. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    Plus ça change ....

What a wretched carve-up the honours system is.

Cheshire, Snowdrop, MEMum and 6 others like this.
  3. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

Perhaps we can create our own parallel awards system using the IgNobel's and such.
    There's also a Golden Fleece award used for public servants and politicians who waste public funds.

4. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Hibernating

South Australia
    While the above CFS studies weren't exactly high quality, they were better than nothing and help somewhat to end the myth that CFS is a white persons disease.

Secondly, to be fair, Kamaldeep Bhui has authored a lot more useful studies than say, SW...

RogerBlack likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.