• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pythium oligandrum for treating mould

I have ordered some Pythium oligandrum to try on some rashes that I think are fungal. It's a mycoparasitic fungus.

On the site I ordered it from (http://pythium-oligandrum.owndoc.com/) it also mentions using it on walls: "In Europe it's used fror everything from treating nail fungus to black fungus on walls".

I have a mouldy cupboard I intend to try some on, if I have any left over. I can't find many details on using it for household mould; perhaps a lot of the information is not in English. I'm not sure how I will go about it, but I will give it a go.

I had heard in the past about people treating mould with 'probiotics' to avoid harsh chemicals and releasing too many spores. Maybe it could be an option for those of us who can't move, or even to treat mouldy belongings.