1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

pyroluria test results

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Suzy, Dec 26, 2009.

1. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    I did mine through Health Diagnostics and Research Institute in New Jersey.

2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    I have read that zinc does not last 24 hours and that it is better to split the dose. For me, stay well hydrated reduces the likelihood of my getting nausea when taking zinc.

arx likes this.
  3. Rand56

Rand56 Senior Member

Myrtle Beach, SC
    Hi arx

Have you tried taking any other forms of zinc to see how your stomach reacts? I know we are all different, but zinc picolinate doesn't upset my stomach. Also if you want to try a transdermal route, Kirkman sells a zinc sulphate cream.

All minerals are supposedly better absorbed on an empty stomach. If you have stomach upset try taking it with some apple cider vinegar. Also from one of the Klinghardt's videos I watched, he said that zinc supps should not be taken with any oils, cuts down on the absorption. All the more reason to take it on an empty stomach because some foods may have some form of oil in it.

Rand

4. arx

arx Senior Member

Hi Rand,

I just got my hair mineral analysis results. Everything seems in range. Though zinc is more than copper,opposite of what I expected. They have advised to not take any more zinc,instead take copper! So I guess I won't be working with zinc for now. Thank you for your views. I will keep them in mind if I travel down this path in the future. I was taking the acetate form. I've heard a lot of good things about picolinate.

Regards,
    arx.

Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.