• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pyoluria test results?

Hey,

So I got some blood results back today.

Pyrroles, urine - 11 (range 0-20)
Zinc RBC - 1465 ug/dL (822-1571)
Copper RBC - .53 ug/mL (.5-1)
Copper Plasma - .95 ug/mL (0.80-1.75)
Ceruloplasmin - 27.2 mg/dL (16.0-31.0)

Selenium RBC (unrelated) - 250 mcg/L

I tried doing some conversions and ratios as per this thread:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/great-advice-on-pyrrole-disorder-pyroluria.34156/

But it seemed erroneous, like getting a negative number, etc. How could I interpret this?

(Symptoms include strong anxiety, mild POTS, low cortisol, fatigue, hypothyroidism... also have MTHFR 677T +/+)

alicec

You are probably missing the fact that you plasma copper is reported in ug/ml and you need it in ug/dL for the calculations described. This conversion is not described in the article but is easy enough to work out.

A dL is 1/10 L. A ml is 1/1000 L so you need to multiply your plasma copper by 100.

If you do this you will find that your copper values are all in the normal range.

You can't calculate the copper/zinc ratio because you don't have a result for plasma zinc.

Your urine pyrrole is normal according to the pyroluria people.

You might like to read this thread.