1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Purdue-IU Team Uncovers Potential Prostate Cancer Marker

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Rosemary, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Rosemary

Rosemary Senior Member

Studies by a Purdue University-led team have revealed a potential marker for prostate cancer that could be the starting point for less invasive testing and improved diagnosis of the disease.

The team used a new analysis technique to create a profile of the lipids, or fats, found in prostate tissue and discovered a molecular compound that appears to be useful in identifying cancerous and precancerous tissue. The profile revealed that cholesterol sulfate is a compound that is absent in healthy prostate tissue, but is a major fat found in prostate cancer tumors.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/health...tate_cancer_marker/index.html?source=r_health

2. xrayspex

xrayspex Senior Member

u.s.a.
    what do you make of this in relation to cfs/me? Wouldn't get VIP blood test for xmrv be a good way to look for prostrate cancer risk?

See more popular forum discussions.