• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

pulsing antivirals???

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Anyone pulse antivirals? I wonder if stopping av's would let some of the dormant viruses reactivate and hen hit it with high dose avs for a few days, this would then be able to effect the dormant viruses. hopefully in the long run reduce viral load. Drug resistance is a concern. Has anyone used av's with success using the this way.

cheers!!!

I think I vaguely remember reading something along these lines for HIV, and that it didn't turn out well, but I'd have a hard time finding whatever it was I read. The thought of it gives me shivers. Seems like a perfect way to prod a retrovirus into mutating. Might not be quite as scary with a slowly replicating RV, but EEK! (personal reaction here, not intended to diss the thought)

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
i know after a week off av's the pain in my neck glands and cfs symptoms intensify, so maybe smash the av's into myself for 5 days or so until symptoms resolve and then and keep repeating this and i will know im improving when im having less of these intense crashs. In cmbination with the stuff im working on for my immune system, it might be able to keep these viruses down longer on its own, maybe.