1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

"Publication Bias, with a Focus on Psychiatry: Causes and Solutions" (Turner, 2013)

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, May 25, 2013.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

I saw James C.Coyne@CoyneoftheRealm highlight this.

It has no direct mention of ME/CFS, but a few of us (e.g. who followed the PACE Trial closely) are interested in publication bias

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40263-013-0067-9

WillowJ and Sean like this.
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Didn't Goldacre have a book on this published in February or something?

3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

He wrote "Bad Pharma": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Pharma which would cover some of the same areas all right.

4. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

The Bad Pharma book covers these sorts of problems from pharmaceutical companies. He so far seems less concerned about cognitive/behavioural interventions.

5. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Yet the book should cover psychiatric drugs if its going to cover pharma. I was planning on ordering it sometime.

6. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Yeah - it does cover psychiatric drugs. Sorry, I'd just edited my post as I realised I'd not been clear.

David Healy, who seems to have been got at for being too critical of psychiatric medication in the past, is critical of Goldacre for giving pharmaceutical companies a too easy ride, and of the All Trials campaign.

7. Sean

Sean Senior Member

"...based on the original study protocol."

:whistle:

WillowJ likes this.
  8. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    Who does that though? Things are normally changed at least a little bit, it is just that the reinterpretation in the PACE trial was so far from reasonable, that it should be considered a joke.

See more popular forum discussions.