• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Psychologists using forum posts for research papers promoting psych theories of ME

boolybooly

This reads like something from a tabloid. I am reminded of McEvedy's hysteria thesis. What people will do to get a job in this field is dismal.

Someone should do a paper on how some psychology post grads try to raise the status of their opinion, subjective projections and blatant stereotyping by emulating the forms and language of academic scientific publications without the necessary discipline of replicable empirical measurement which gives such experiments their authority.

matt321

They mearly observed what was actually happening. The interpretation is irrelevant. Everyone can look at the posts and clearly see what the author observed.