• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Psychoactive Medications Could Help Sedentary People to Exercise

Countrygirl

Beware: would the muppets aka psychiatrists at CFS clinics and GPs with false illness beliefs inflict this on their sedentary or even bedbound ME patients?

http://neurosciencenews.com/psychoactive-medications-exercise-2987/

In what has been described as ‘doping for lazy people’ a Kent endurance expert advocates psychoactive drugs to encourage sedentary people to exercise.

Endurance expert suggests drugs could help ‘lazy people’ exercise In what has been described as ‘doping for lazy people’ a University of Kent endurance expert has advocated the use of psychoactive drugs to encourage sedentary people to exercise.

GhostGum

So a pill can potentially take control of someone's body, lift them out of their couch and make their legs start striding at pace without any input from them? And or magically make them interested in exercise all of the sudden. Funny stuff.

duncan

Sex used to have that effect on me.

Is that what they have packaged here? Sex drive in a pill?

The Internet will undo that benefit, too, I suspect...:)