Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Psychiatry guilty of massive fraud

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Countrygirl, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    http://www.cchr.org/cchr-reports/massive-fraud/introduction.html

Psychiatrists in the UK are more likely to be awarded knighthoods rather than a jail sentence for the above.:D

2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Scientific validity, public transparency and accountability ... almost non-existent here.

CCHR is not entirely unbiased though. I do not want to say more because its been a while since I investigated, and I would want to be sure of my facts.

SilverbladeTE and catly like this.
  3. Cheshire

Cheshire Senior Member

There's something deeply rotten when you're better paid if you give a diagnosis. Especially in psychiatry where it should take some time to really evaluate someone's mental state.

SilverbladeTE likes this.
  4. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

.This group is an advocacy group disguised as a medical group. and very conservative. This would make me question the accuracy of the above statements. I'm not saying corruption doesn't exist, but I would take the above information with a grain of salt. They certainly have an agenda
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_American_Physicians_and_Surgeons

Barb

Valentijn, Cheshire and zzz like this.
  5. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

Maybe the person who wrote that wikipedia entry was a psychiatrist.

6. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

:lol:

Love that. Thanks.

Unfortunately, this group is well known. I think there are many+ valid complaints about the psychiatric profession, but as I said, I find their agenda not to my taste and therefore keep that in mind when evaluating statements.

But then even a broken clock is right twice a day, so I try to also rely on other sources to put things in perspective.

Barb

See more popular forum discussions.