• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Psych watch: rumblings of discontent over CBT. Guardian feature on psych wars

true enough.....many corrupt things happened here too....I have my copy of Osler's Web!

Sounds interesting.

I'm new here. Had CFS a long time, like you, in the U.S. Hoping to find people to talk to on the phone about CFS ideas and other things. Not sure how to accomplish that on this site. I can be reached at robert30007 at yahoo dot com if anyone wants to reach me. Suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

xrayspex

hey Sammy, you could look up if your state has a CFIDS group, some states do and have meetings. You can learn a lot at this site. Reading the book Osler's Web would give you some old background info that still informs politics today but may not be where you want to put your energy right now. I would google CFS, CFIDS, ME state groups etc Maybe other people on here from US would have suggestions for you....I am not as up on the logistics of all that the last couple years as wasn't on this site as much as used to be but have been dropping by more lately.

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
I'm new here. Had CFS a long time, like you, in the U.S. Hoping to find people to talk to on the phone about CFS ideas and other things. Not sure how to accomplish that on this site. I can be reached at robert30007 at yahoo dot com if anyone wants to reach me. Suggestions?

Welcome @Sammy7, you could introduce yourself here:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?forums/introduce-yourself.35

For security purposes, it's probably best to use private forum messaging first, rather than using an email address to send or receive messages . You can start a private conversation by clicking on someone's username, then click where it says "Start a Conversation."

Esther12

For security purposes, it's probably best to use private forum messaging first, rather than using an email address to send or receive messages . You can start a private conversation by clicking on someone's username, then click where it says "Start a Conversation."

There is a danger of people trying to sell quack 'cures' to people, so there is good reason for caution, especially if anyone contacts you and encourages you to spend money on something or other.