1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A disease with two faces? Re-naming ME/CFS
Persuasion Smith covers the bases on the misleading and disreputable name for our disease we've all been saddled with ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

pseudephedrine helps

Discussion in 'Problems Standing: Orthostatic Intolerance; POTS' started by fibrodude84, Aug 24, 2014.

1. fibrodude84

fibrodude84 Senior Member

Sudafed has been helping me but I'm not happy taking a drug. I'm so dizzy and off balance though.

Upping my water and salt.

Anyone have good compression garment or other recommendations?

2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I use compression knee socks. They help me a lot. Also take powdered electrolytes every day to help retain water.

Sudafed was actually one of the first drugs prescribed for dysautonomia but as it has a lot of side effects there are better ones now. Which ones might be good for you depend a lot on testing and symptoms.

Sushi

fibrodude84 likes this.
  3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
    Someone posted about some good compression garments. I thought it was you @Sushi.

fibrodude84 likes this.
  4. Sushi

Albuquerque
    I've often posted about compression garments. I get mine from Bright Life Direct.

Sushi

fibrodude84 likes this.
  5. fibrodude84

fibrodude84 Senior Member

I read that abdominal compression is better than the stockings? I'm just worried if anything is too tight I'll get a blood clot since I'm no very active.

6. Sushi

Albuquerque
    I've used both. If you use abdominal compression it needs to be quite tight though.

Sushi

See more popular forum discussions.