• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PS (I used to) love you

JAH

I tried taking phosphatidyl serine for sleep, once early in the afternoon, and once in the late afternoon. And for the first time in over 20 years I went to bed, and started to doze off. Like a human being I really didn't know what was going on. I'm so used to being awake for hours that feeling like I could sleep immediately was a shock. Naturally I was in love. With phosphatidyl serine, and it's brother Seriphos. The effects began to wane almost immediately. I had to take a two week break from my PS (for non relevant reasons) After the break ,I took the PS again, and again could sleep for two nights. Miracle. Biggest improvement in my health in 20 years. Worked for 2 nights, then nothing.

Now I'm back to writing 3 am ambien fueled ramblings on PR, that I will cringe about and probably edit out tomorrow.

If anyone has found a PS or Seriphos regimen that works for your insomnia, let me know. I feel like I'm on to something, but don't know what. (And neither does my doc, though she recommended Seriphos). I've tried many different combinations of taking the supplement, but nothing has worked for me like those first two times. AAArrggghh

I should be asleep...J

Last edited:

A zombie

ohhhhh no, i feel your pain!!! maybe double the dose at night and see if it helps???i was doing rally well for a while too tang kaviance. I went from 3 mgs combined of loraz and loan to one mg. I started bravo probiotic (which is fermented ) and and i could tolerate it , ever since trying this probbioitc i haven't been able to get bk to where i was with sleep.
i'm back to almost 3 mgs of the concoction i listed above. It sucks, i'm going to try and increase my kaviance but , they say kaviance is addicting too, just not in a toxic way that a benzo is, i guess.it's still so frustrating, so once in many years i was onto something.

I also had amazing effects from high dose(200-1200mg) PS on sleep onset and quality. Sadly the effects diminished. I then tried to increase the dose and what happened in the end was paradoxical reactions, still I cannot tolerate seriphos, PS or enerphos. My conclusion with PS and other cortisol modulating/lowering supplements is to be cautions with them.

I have tested saliva cortisol at night, but this was normal when tested.

Wayne

Hi @JAH

So sorry to hear about your sleep problems. I don't have any thoughts on PS, but wanted to make a brief mention on a product that helps me with sleep--perhaps it might help you. A to B Calm (Brand Name) has a product called Freeze Dried Calcium/Magnesium. It's a powder that when dissolved in water gets into your muscles within minutes.

I've used this in the past with great success, and just started taking it again to possibly help with sleep. It's turned out to be more helpful for sleep than ever, and am fairly amazed how well it's worked the past few weeks. I've tried other magnesium supplements, but none come close in effectiveness and its fast action.

This product has done wonders for my sister as well who suffered all her life with a stiff neck from having been a breach baby. It's the only thing that has ever helped her on a consistent basis. Click on the image below to get more information. -- I think there's something about freeze-dried that makes this a unique product.

JAH

I also had amazing effects from high dose(200-1200mg) PS on sleep onset and quality. Sadly the effects diminished. I then tried to increase the dose and what happened in the end was paradoxical reactions, still I cannot tolerate seriphos, PS or enerphos. My conclusion with PS and other cortisol modulating/lowering supplements is to be cautions with them.

I have tested saliva cortisol at night, but this was normal when tested.
Interesting. Wish we could know why the effects disappeared. Really was amazing...

JAH

Hi @JAH

So sorry to hear about your sleep problems. I don't have any thoughts on PS, but wanted to make a brief mention on a product that helps me with sleep--perhaps it might help you. A to B Calm (Brand Name) has a product called Freeze Dried Calcium/Magnesium. It's a powder that when dissolved in water gets into your muscles within minutes.

I've used this in the past with great success, and just started taking it again to possibly help with sleep. It's turned out to be more helpful for sleep than ever, and am fairly amazed how well it's worked the past few weeks. I've tried other magnesium supplements, but none come close in effectiveness and its fast action.

This product has done wonders for my sister as well who suffered all her life with a stiff neck from having been a breach baby. It's the only thing that has ever helped her on a consistent basis. Click on the image below to get more information. -- I think there's something about freeze-dried that makes this a unique product.

Thanks Wayne. I take 800 mg of magnesium oxide at bedtime, and haven't noticed any effect on sleep. I'll look into this one.

J