• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prozac / Fluoxetine

Hugo

I have to use very low dosage, 2x100mg, four times a day, more makes me sick/affects the M.E.

Also found I'm now have problems with alcohol and M.E., rarely ever drink, but thought I'd try a cider shandy as I loved that long time ago, but yeeeeeeeech! Set off headaches like heck now :(
Cider shandy isn't very strong, I normally like Drambuie, Glayva, Sauterne wine etc so iust as well I don't drink now!
Not to mention the cost for 18 year old McCallan!!! Urf!

Thanks, a low dosage would be preferable with a med that as you say could worsen the ME symtoms. Alcohol doesnt worry me since I dont drink at all since I got sick and my candida likes alcohol a little to much.

I thought people might like to know I have found this thread super useful.
After a lot of research I've decided not to take the fluoxetine. If there's no indication that it helps at all with CFS per se, then I can deal with the stress & depression through other more holistic methods such as EFT and 5HTP as suggested above, which were in fact the courses of action recommended by my (amazing) nutritionist.

As for side effects of Neurontin/Gabapentin, I, too, take a pretty low dose of 100mgs either 2 or 3 times a day (I often forget the third pill :/).

The first time I took it I noticed a distinct...feeling? I felt stoned, I'm not gonna sugarcoat it. I've tried marijuana once and it felt exactly like smoking weed. Quite frankly, I kinda enjoyed it and wish it hadn't faded away....it calmed me down and made me happy and giggly but I was still able to focus and it didn't impede my ability to work or drive.

Buuut that was only for the first couple doses and then the side effect went away. But I guess if you decide to take Gabapentin be warned that you might feel a little "floaty" or stoned for the first couple pills but it does go away and it doesn't affect your ability to function.

Side note: your kittens are adorable!!!! The one on the right looks just like my babygirl :)