1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Prove my cfs theory - drink milk

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by xks201, May 23, 2012.

1. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    Thanks Glynis. I'm in Canada so not sure I could even get tested at Mayo.
    I do pass through the London airport 8-10 times a year though so I will contact Breakspear and see if they will test it for me. I am interested in other testing by them as well. I found a post by you from 2 years ago mentioning Breakspear tests it properly. Hopeuflly they still offer the test.
  2. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

London
    Many of us don't suffer from 'fatigue'. We have ME.

Jenny
  3. Calathea

Calathea Darkness therapy

Scotland
    Considering how incredibly common lactose intolerance is, I think someone would have noticed by now if it were causing ME, CFS or even just chronic fatigue. The link between dairy and migraine, for instance, has been well known for a long time now.
  4. acouchy

acouchy

Canada
    Interesting theory... don't think it is the cause of my ME fatigue though. I stopped drinking milk about a month ago and I haven't had any improvement in my fatigue. :( I can only wish it was that easy a fix.
    (My not drinking milk had nothing to do with my ME/CFS... I stopped drinking the stuff because I have acne and read that the hormones in the milk could make acne worse).
  5. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    I"m actually not sure why the original poster said to stop drinking milk and see if sx disappear. The theory is that some may have an overgrwoth of lactic acid producing bacteria. The lactic acid can be produced by carbohydrates (not just milk). So I don't it's really a valid test for lactic acid bacteria overgrowth. The only way to know for sure would be to get d-lactate acid levels measured.

See more popular forum discussions.