• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Protocol w/o Metafolin/Folic Acid

xks201

Whenever I take Metafolin I get a severe histamine reaction. I talked to Rick about this and he said to try Folinic Acid. But I am curious if there is one possible mutation causing undermethylation whereby I would not even need to supplement any type of folic acid during my treatment protocol. Does anyone else have problems with metafolin? Literally every benefit I get goes away when I add in Metafolin. I'm not sure about folic acid. I have not tried folinic.

Freddd

Whenever I take Metafolin I get a severe histamine reaction. I talked to Rick about this and he said to try Folinic Acid. But I am curious if there is one possible mutation causing undermethylation whereby I would not even need to supplement any type of folic acid during my treatment protocol. Does anyone else have problems with metafolin? Literally every benefit I get goes away when I add in Metafolin. I'm not sure about folic acid. I have not tried folinic.

Hi XKS201,

Can you tell me all the symptoms you get from the Metafolin? Time to onset? Duration of action?

xks201

Basically I just start itching and get hot and somewhat hyper and then tired all within like 15 minutes of taking it. And this lasts for like 1-2 hours. Folic acid does it to me as well. Idk if folinic will. I hear b6 and b12 deplete folic acid so maybe I am just very deficient in those?

The common denominator in most of us is poor liver function (enzymes to produce neurotransmitters) it seems. Perhaps I have histadelia from a possible bacteria infection in my gut that is already adding into the histamine being produced from folic acid. I am making a lot of human strain probiotic yogurt in several days and going to see if that kills off the infection which sometimes manifests as burning stool. I know low serotonin can cause infections.

Freddd

Basically I just start itching and get hot and somewhat hyper and then tired all within like 15 minutes of taking it. And this lasts for like 1-2 hours. Folic acid does it to me as well. Idk if folinic will. I hear b6 and b12 deplete folic acid so maybe I am just very deficient in those?

The common denominator in most of us is poor liver function (enzymes to produce neurotransmitters) it seems. Perhaps I have histadelia from a possible bacteria infection in my gut that is already adding into the histamine being produced from folic acid. I am making a lot of human strain probiotic yogurt in several days and going to see if that kills off the infection which sometimes manifests as burning stool. I know low serotonin can cause infections.

Hi xks201,

Are you taking ALL the basics like b-complex including p-5-p?

The active b12 protocl is predicated on havoing all the basics so that questions like other induced deficiencies don't pop up. Ohterwise as much history as show a person is always putting out one fire after another. Mb12/adb12/Metafolin start out beinbg the most limiting factors. As soon as those are sufficient other things go deficient.

Potassium
b-complex TWICE a day
Zinc
Vit D
magnesium
Vit A
etc.

If they are not all taken one just moves from one stopping point to another with all sorts of weird symptoms popping up over and over and over again.