Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Protein problems

Discussion in 'Autonomic, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory' started by Graham, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Graham

Graham Senior Moment

Sussex, UK
    Does anyone have any insights into a problem with protein digestion?

A friend has been getting overwhelming panic attacks and muscle cramps for some time now, which do respond to a certain extent to Beta-blockers or benzo. This friend accidentally found out that reducing protein intake reduced symptoms. Cutting out meat portions for 2 years meant no symptoms, but also a steady weight loss.

Blood tests, including endocrine levels, are normal - could it be a brain/autoimmune thing?

pattismith likes this.
  2. Learner1

Learner1 Professional Patient

Pacific Northwest
    Could be autoimmune.

Could be digestion related - has he/she looked into digestive enzymes, stomach acid and microbiome?

3. Graham

Graham Senior Moment

Sussex, UK
    Thanks L1.

Why, oh why, is my brain so messed up I posted this in the wrong section?

4. Dabam

Dabam

This is something I am looking at in my own diet I get really bad anxiety from high protein meals especially chicken and turkey.I am beginning to wonder if it's down to l- tyrosine raising dopamine levels to high and knocking everything out of sync.

5. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    People who try to increase their protein intake for various reason will add digestive enzyme which help them assimilate protein more efficiently.

Dabam and Learner1 like this.
  6. pattismith

pattismith Senior Member

it could be a problem with ammonia as well. Had he been checked for blood ammonia level?

Learner1 and PinkPanda like this.
  7. Dabam

Dabam

That's a point .....I used to take Lactobacillus bulgaricus which helped.I also found out it's good for reducing ammonia levels.It can raise histamine levels and although it's good for me (I have low histamine) it may not be good for others

See more popular forum discussions.