• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

propax with NT factor

fibrodude84

Anyone try this? They claim through clinical trials to have reduced severe fatigue by 40.5%

I started the supplement today.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.

fibrodude84

I agree, sounds too good and been around too long to still be the uncovered secret. I'm desperate though so I'll try one box and see.

fibrodude84

Yeah basically a multi plus the NT Factor which is supposed to be the "magic"

Why avoid folic acid? It's part of all my multis.

Lillybelle

Their is definite evidence for NT Factor but ONLY as a proprietary blend Here:
http://www.iherb.com/Nutricology-NT-Factor-EnergyLipids-Powder-150-grams/
Contains:
NT Factor Proprietary Blend (soy lecithin extract)
Containing:
Phosphatidic acid (PA)
Phosphatidyl-choline (PC)
Phosphatidyl-ethanolamine (PE)
Phosphatidyl-glycerol (PG)
Phosphatidyl-inositol (PI)
Phosphatidyl-serine (PS)
Digalactosyldiacylglyceride (DGDG)
Monoglactosyldiacylglyceride (MGDG)

Evidence here:
Clinical trials cancer patients: http://ntfactor.com/ClinicalTrials.aspx

CFS References:

1. Nicolson GL, et al. "Lipid replacement and antioxidant nutritional therapy for restoring mitochondrial function and reducing fatigue in chronic fatigue syndrome and other fatiguing illnesses." Journal of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. 2006 Sept; 13(1):57-68.

2. Nicolson GL. "Lipid replacement/antioxidant therapy as an adjunct supplement to reduce the adverse effects of cancer therapy and restore mitochondrial function." Pathology Oncology Research 2005 11(3):139-144. Full Text PDF
3. Agadjanyan M, et al. "Nutritional supplement (NT Factor™) restores mitochondrial function and reduces moderately severe fatigue in aged subjects." Journal of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 2003 Jan; 11(3):23-36.

4. Nicolson GL. "Lipid replacement as an adjunct to therapy for chronic fatigue, anti-aging and restoration of mitochondrial function." Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association 2003 Summer; 6(3):22-28. Full Text
5. Ellithorpe RR, et al. "Reduction of fatigue by use of a dietary supplement containing glycophospholipids." Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association 2003 Winter; 6(1):23-28. Full Text PDF

6. Nicolson GL, et al. "Lipid replacement therapy with a glycophospholipid-antioxidant-vitamin formulation significantly reduces fatigue within one week." Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association 2010; 13(1):10-14. Full Text PDF

Lillybelle

Agreed the cfs studies are not that strong. However they are noted as being pilot studies which do not necessarily need control groups and or randomisation. However the cancer trials are well designed. See below

Reduce Effects of Chemotherapy

PROPAX use leads to fewer side effects in cancer patients in a double blind trial
Author: NT Factor/Tuesday, October 16, 2012/Categories: Clinical Trials

Abstract

Objective:

To assess the effectiveness of the dietary supplement Propax® with NT Factor® in reducing chemotherapy-induced fatigue, nausea and vomiting, and other selected clinical side effects associated with chemotherapy.

Methods:
Using a crossover placebo-controlled, randomized, double-blinded design, 36 patients with cancer were enrolled in the 12-week pilot study. Simultaneously, an open-label trial of Propax in 22 other patients with cancer was similarly implemented. Recommended daily dose of the study product was 12 tablets and 3 soft-gel capsules dail

adreno

PR activist
Agreed the cfs studies are not that strong. However they are noted as being pilot studies which do not necessarily need control groups and or randomisation. However the cancer trials are well designed. See below
Reduce Effects of Chemotherapy
PROPAX use leads to fewer side effects in cancer patients in a double blind trial
Author: NT Factor/Tuesday, October 16, 2012/Categories: Clinical Trials

Abstract

Objective:

To assess the effectiveness of the dietary supplement Propax® with NT Factor® in reducing chemotherapy-induced fatigue, nausea and vomiting, and other selected clinical side effects associated with chemotherapy.

Methods:
Using a crossover placebo-controlled, randomized, double-blinded design, 36 patients with cancer were enrolled in the 12-week pilot study. Simultaneously, an open-label trial of Propax in 22 other patients with cancer was similarly implemented. Recommended daily dose of the study product was 12 tablets and 3 soft-gel capsules dail
Where is this published?

In any case, even if Propax reduces the side effects of chemotherapy, how would this compare to treating ME/CFS?

By all means, if anyone has the money to spend, go ahead an try it. But I don't see PWMEs lining up to praise its effects. I doubt it is any more effective than a regular multivitamin and phosphatidylcholine.

Last edited: