Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Promise of ELECTROCEUTICALS to override genetic defects and more

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by natasa778, Apr 22, 2015.

1. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-03-bioelectricity-key-role-brain.html

I just loooove the word 'electroceuticals' :)

(+ am Very interested in neuronal calcium signalling and modulation of membrane potential as treatment modality...)

anne_likes_red, ukxmrv and catly like this.
  2. Hip

Hip Senior Member

In the study they are saying that voltage (potential) gradients are used to control and instruct embryonic brain development, and that disruption of these gradients in voltage causes brain defects:
    I wonder if that might help explain a study which found that human obesity was associated with higher levels of magnetic field exposure during pregnancy:

In-utero exposure to magnetic fields associated with increased risk of obesity in childhood -- ScienceDaily

I presume these magnetic fields that pregnant mothers were exposed are the oscillating magnetic fields found within a few feet of electrical transformers (power adapter plugs) and electric motors (in hairdryers, vacuum cleaners, electric blenders, etc).

Such oscillating magnetic fields are able to induce electrical potentials (voltages) in conducting media such as human tissue, and conceivably these induced potentials might affect the potential gradients the study found in embryonic brain development.

See more popular forum discussions.