• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ProHealth covers MEA report on CBT, GET and Pacing

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
Maybe I am reading this wrong, but was this survey conducted in 2012? If so why has it taken so long to produce a report?

charles shepherd

Maybe I am reading this wrong, but was this survey conducted in 2012? If so why has it taken so long to produce a report?

Rusty

The questionnaire for the MEA report - on line and on paper for people who do not use the internet - was carried out during the latter part of 2012. The simple answer is that we had a huge number of respondents, a large number of questions, a vast amount of qualitative and quantitative data to go through and analyse. We then had to turn all this into a report - the first part of which is over 200 pages long. The vast majority of this work was done by people connected to the MEA on a purely voluntary basis, often in addition to all the other voluntary work that we do. And we wanted to be as sure as we could that everything was correct before we started publishing stats, graphs etc.