Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ProHealth covers MEA report on CBT, GET and Pacing

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by charles shepherd, Jun 6, 2015.

1. charles shepherd

charles shepherd Senior Member

2. RustyJ

RustyJ Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

Noosaville, Aust
    Maybe I am reading this wrong, but was this survey conducted in 2012? If so why has it taken so long to produce a report?

3. Battery Muncher

Battery Muncher Senior Member

Thank you for this, Dr Shepherd. Hopefully I will find the time to read it soon.

4. charles shepherd

charles shepherd Senior Member

Rusty

The questionnaire for the MEA report - on line and on paper for people who do not use the internet - was carried out during the latter part of 2012. The simple answer is that we had a huge number of respondents, a large number of questions, a vast amount of qualitative and quantitative data to go through and analyse. We then had to turn all this into a report - the first part of which is over 200 pages long. The vast majority of this work was done by people connected to the MEA on a purely voluntary basis, often in addition to all the other voluntary work that we do. And we wanted to be as sure as we could that everything was correct before we started publishing stats, graphs etc.

See more popular forum discussions.