Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ProHealth article on Jarred Younger: "Low Dose Naltrexone - An Effective Treatment for ME/CFS?"

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Sasha, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Read the rest at:

http://www.prohealth.com/ME-CFS/lib...=EM060116C&utm_medium=em&utm_campaign=MECFS&e

Personally not excited about this, since I've already tried this and it did zilch for me, but, who knows...

2. Hutan

Hutan Senior Member

New Zealand
    Great that there is going to be a trial.

LDN didn't make it into the list of pharmaceutical treatments trialled for MECFS in that recent NCNED review. So presumably that means there haven't been any credible studies reported to date.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    Comet and AndyPandy like this.
  3. JES

JES Senior Member

LDN is rated number one pharmacological treatment for CFS in this survey from few years ago, so it's not surprising that it is being trialed, also considering how cheap and safe it is.

*GG*, Comet and Hutan like this.
  4. daisybell

daisybell Senior Member

New Zealand
    It certainly seems to help me, but I now take three 4.5mg capsules daily, so it's not such a low dose... No idea why this works for me but it does, and lower doses don't!

MEMum and sue la-la like this.
  5. KristenSF

KristenSF

San Francisco, CA USA
    May I ask how long it took to help you? I took 4 mg a day for a month or two last fall before my doctor took me off it. I always thought I should've stuck with it a little longer. Another doctor just prescribed 4.5 mg a day which I'll try as soon as it's ready at the compounding pharmacy.

6. daisybell

daisybell Senior Member

New Zealand
    I noticed benefits within a few days, although I also had side-effects initially. The benefits wore off, but came back when I upped the dose. I increased it again about six weeks ago, and feel that I have more energy, and am crashing less.

Theodore likes this.
  7. KristenSF

KristenSF

San Francisco, CA USA
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to giving it another go.

8. panckage

panckage Senior Member

Vancouver, BC
    Its interesting how all these treatments that have moderate benefit seem to work for 66% of PWME. It seems to be our magic number :p

MEMum likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.