The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Progression of Alzheimer's halted after treatment with intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg) (small tri)

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Bob, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    A small drug trial showed a halt in progression of Alzheimer's after treatment with intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg). If I remember correctly, immunoglobulin has been proposed as a treatment for ME by people like Jonathan Kerr.

"The four participants originally given the highest dose and kept on that dose for three years showed no decline in cognition."

The Guardian
    Alzheimer's drug IVIg could halt sufferers' decline
    Trial involving 16 patients excites scientists by suggesting treatment prevented deterioration of memory and cognitive skills
    18 July 2012 10.21 BST
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/jul/18/alzheimers-drug-ivig-halt-decline

Enid and merylg like this.
  2. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

Next we hear someone will come up with a silly idea to try bone marrow stem cell transplants ;)

Bob and merylg like this.

See more popular forum discussions.