1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Prof. Jonas Blomberg lectures- any questions?

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Helen, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Helen

Helen Senior Member

Hi all,

Today I recieved an invitation from the ME/CFS group in Gothenburg, to a 2-hour lecture April, 9.
    Prof. Jonas Blomberg will spend two hours with us (a rather small group) explaining his latest study "in layman terms". It was presented here
    http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...sh-me-cfs-study-indicates-autoimmunity.26986/

If you have any questions I will try to get them answered. The study was a bit over my head so I´m looking forward getting a simplified presentation.

Prof. Blomberg will also talk at the ME conference in London in May
    http://www.investinme.eu/agenda.html#Conference_Programme

Best
    Helen

ukxmrv, NK17 and Sasha like this.
  2. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    Q:

wrt his findings, is he aware of research on purinergic antagonist Suramin used to address mitochondrial dysfunction-neuroinflammation, and if he thinks this would be worth pursuing in ME?

ATP signaling modulates immune responses and chronic inflammation, as well as anti-viral signaling, microglial activation, gut motility and permeability, and sensitivity to food allergens. Suramin inhibits purinergic signaling and has been used for treating African Sleeping Sickness (Trypanosomiasis) since the early 1900s. Treating the offspring of maternal immune activated mice weekly with suramin normalizes their social behavior, motor coordination, body temperature, mitochondrial respiratory function and other metabolic measures. Most impressively, this treatment also corrects a neuropathology ...

Full paper

cigana and NK17 like this.
  3. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    I feel MITOKINES and purinergic signalling is a huge unexplored area in ME, spanning across mito, neuroinflammatory, gut and infection/immune areas and so has a big treatment potential ...

Thank you!

NK17 likes this.
  4. Helen

Helen Senior Member

Hi @natasa778,

Thank you for the question and information that sound quite interesting. I hope Prof. Blomberg also finds it worth considering and that I will have a response in some weeks

natasa778 likes this.
  5. cigana

cigana Senior Member

UK
    Did he ever comment on @natasa778 's question?

See more popular forum discussions.