• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Products for pwc

Andrew

I can't remember if we spoke about this before. Also, some of this is a little embarrassing. But I'll try anyway.

1. Body Powder. The reality is I can't bathe as often as I used to. This leads to bacteria growth on the skin in places that are prone to become moist. The presences is signaled by odor. Powder helps control the moisture. I use Sedona Products International, Crystalux, Body Powder, Unscented. It contains corn starch and mineral salts. So the corn starch controls moisture and the mineral salts control bacteria. And although I might feel assured that natural = benign, I know better. So as with any natural product, consider whether is will be okay for you to use.

2. Shaving Cream. I shave once a week. It's difficult to stand and shave. I use Avalon Organics, Moisturizing Cream Shave, Aloe-Unscented. I put on very little. This stuff is super slippery, and it makes shaving very easy. Also, because I use very little the razor does not get clogged. And it's so slippery it feels like it must be loaded with oil. But it rinses right off. I don't know how they do it.

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
products for us

Cornstarch - as a talc

Dr. Bronners Magic Soap (unscented) - for washing body, hair, house and everything

VIP - laundry detergent

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Thanks guys - When my hormones get all messed up I have to tend to these conditions once or twice a day on top of taking a shower. Either the sweat glands, the sebum glands or both get over active and well you just know that there is more odor there than should be.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
You can buy nice thick wipes that you can wash with too. Drug stores carry them. Like baby wipes, but large, for any sized person.

Andrew

FWIW, shortly after chemo and radiation therapy I developed a problem where cleaning twice a day with soap and water was not controlling the bacteria. I tried talc (which is actually bad for your lungs) and Baby Powder. That helped things significantly. But it was not until I started using the powder with mineral salts that the problem disappeared. I forgot to mention that I also use a hair dryer set to low before bed and when I get up. Not every time, but as needed.

My skin doctor said not to use corn starch because bacteria feed on it. She told me to simply cleanse with Cetaphil skin cleaner. I tried it, didn't take to it. But Cetaphil is supposedly usable without rinsing.

Anyway, I'll look for the wipes. Does anyone know what they are called? Maybe I can order them online.