Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Problems with animal 'models'

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by MeSci, Oct 13, 2013.

1. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
    I hope this is the right place to put this - if not, would a mod please put it in the right place?

The reason I am posting this is to help people avoid wasting time, hope and possibly money on pursuing information based on animal 'models' of ME/CFS and related conditions.

I can add the relevant reference details later if anyone wants but I don't have time right now.

It's from a freelance report I produced for an animal charity in 2010, which unfortunately wasn't published, but as they paid for it I am not really free to publish it myself in its entirety.

As the charity clearly cares as much as I do about raising awareness, I hope they will forgive me for posting a couple of extracts. I hope one day to be able to repay the money they paid me for the work.

See more popular forum discussions.