1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and Beating the Clock
For Jody Smith, the ticking of a clock was enough at one time to chase her back to her bed. But with the passage of time, she has been able to reclaim her living room ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Problems with animal 'models'

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by MeSci, Oct 13, 2013.

1. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
    I hope this is the right place to put this - if not, would a mod please put it in the right place?

The reason I am posting this is to help people avoid wasting time, hope and possibly money on pursuing information based on animal 'models' of ME/CFS and related conditions.

I can add the relevant reference details later if anyone wants but I don't have time right now.

It's from a freelance report I produced for an animal charity in 2010, which unfortunately wasn't published, but as they paid for it I am not really free to publish it myself in its entirety.

As the charity clearly cares as much as I do about raising awareness, I hope they will forgive me for posting a couple of extracts. I hope one day to be able to repay the money they paid me for the work.

See more popular forum discussions.