1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Problems with Acetyl L-Carnitine?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Ocean, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Anne P

Anne P

Australia

2. Anne P

Anne P

Australia
    Hi. I reacted badly to tiny doses of l carnitine fumurate and to acetyl carnitine. Wired and ill. Coq10 had a similar effect.

3. L'engle

L'engle moderate ME

Canada
    I've figured out that it is both L-carnitine and DHEA affecting sleep, but they both do help exercise, and even better in combination. So today I've opened the capsules and just taken about a quarter of each, so maybe 1mg+ of DHEA and 250mg l-carnitine fumarate. Got to find the right amount.

heapsreal likes this.
  4. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA
    Hope you find the right amount. I take Carniclear liquid, easy to take any dose. I take 7 keto DHEA also.

L'engle likes this.
  5. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    I will try and remember this thread when I start the Acetyl L Carnitine I got :( I thought I took Acetyl L Carnitine before without problems. A lot of supplements and meds give me insomnia.

6. Athene

Athene ihateticks.me

Italy
    Hi little bluestem, I only just noticed your question, sorry I didn't answer earlier.
    I was taking N-acetyl Carnitine.

Little Bluestem likes this.
  7. YvieArtist

YvieArtist Artist and survivor.

Daytona Beach
    I have had no problems taking the Acetyl L-Carnitine. In fact it definately had helped my evening brain fog. I'm taking 400 daily with 200mg Alpha Lipoic Acid in it.

See more popular forum discussions.