1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

problem to swallow

Discussion in 'Skeleton, Skin, Muscles, Hair, Teeth, and Nails' started by Tuha, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Tuha

Tuha Senior Member

Hi,

I would like to ask you if you have an advice for me :) and if you have similar problems :-(
    The last months I have problems to swallow especially big pills and some kind of difficult food. I have also dry mouth (I was examinated for Sjoegrens syndrom but it came back negative) but I suspect that´s because of muscle weakness because I feel muscle weakness already for a long time.
    Do you have similar problems and have you any advice how to solve or improve this problem
    Delia likes this.
  2. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member

Toronto
    This might come across as weird advice but I too have had swallowing issues. I'm not sure they are the same kind, I will take a sip of water and then realise it's still in my mouth unswallowed 20 seconds later.
    I suggest that you consciously practice swallowing with nothing in your mouth to train the muscles to respond.
    The beauty of this suggestion is that it's easy, free and doesn't require any props, tools, meds etc.
    Delia likes this.
  3. Sherlock

Sherlock bicarb for exercise recovery and taming candida

US
    Where does the food get stuck? If it's below the level of the throat you should look into Eosinophilic Esophagitis and/or achalasia. Those are in addition to the motility disorder that Snowdrop refers to.

See more popular forum discussions.