1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and Beating the Clock
For Jody Smith, the ticking of a clock was enough at one time to chase her back to her bed. But with the passage of time, she has been able to reclaim her living room ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Probiotics the answer for some of us??

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by TPOBPAH, Dec 21, 2013.

1. TPOBPAH

TPOBPAH

Brandon, MB Canada
    One thing I've noticed over the past couple of years is when I stop taking probiotics I start to feel like garbage again. It usually takes a few weeks of taking them to start feeling better but they make a big difference.

When I'm on them I rarely have fatigue (maybe a few times in a month depending on how stressed I am). When I discontinue use for a bit to see how I do without out them I fall into a light depression and mental fog. I still have the usual sleeping issues but my days are much better.

They're not cheap though, at around $40 a bottle for a month supply.

The kind I take is Ultimate Flora.

Cheers
  2. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
    There have been some hints and studies showing what you say, that CFS people have a worse microbiota than the healthy people, so it makes sense that they make you feel better. Have you tried others?
  3. TPOBPAH

TPOBPAH

Brandon, MB Canada
    I have tried others but do not recall the brand or type. And yes, in the past couple of years there have been more studies linking bad flora health to everything from anxiety/depression to CFS and other ailments. I'm not saying I'm cured by any means as I'm pretty certain that I suffer from adrenal fatigue (long term stress, lots of adrenaline in the past) but I do feel happier and not so tired that I'm going to fall flat on my face.

If only I could sleep now I would be a happy man. It really affects every facet of ones life (work, marriage, etc).
    Beyond likes this.
  4. Beyond

Murcia, Spain
    Yeah I will be getting probiotics ASAP. Sucks living in Spain because getting refrigerated probiotic supplements (best ones) in online stores is off limits. I think I can get VSL3 here in a store though, I did it last year. Gotta check it out!

Melatonin sublingual pretty much takes away my sleep onset insomnia. Sleep still sucks though, but there is a difference. And dreams are amazing. To get real good sleep healing adrenals, thyroid and other underlying stuff like methylation is the way to go.
  5. TPOBPAH

TPOBPAH

Brandon, MB Canada
    I get to sleep fine and sleep for 3 hours then up every hour. I almost never get deep sleep. The only time I had any luck was when I was taking metafolin. Great deep sleep but felt horrible and depressed during the day so had to discontinue.
  6. Beyond

Murcia, Spain
    I know that pattern, though for me is more like 5 hours then 1-1-1. That is very telling re metafolin. I would highly recommend you to look into methylation then. Obviously you need something else than methylfolate.
  7. TPOBPAH

TPOBPAH

Brandon, MB Canada
    With the exception of alot of previous stress, most of my problems started after taking strong antibiotics. I got a yeast infection, then my b12 went down and I had high homocystiene levels. That was 2 years ago and I've been fighting ever since.
  8. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

Look into methylation and read the undetectable infection thread. Your story sounds similar to mine
  9. TPOBPAH

TPOBPAH

Brandon, MB Canada
    I definitely was experiencing alot of the symptoms you speak of. EXTREME bloating, EXTREME gas, along with upset stomach, aching bowels. I gathered from much reading that it was/is a candida overgrowth. Those symptoms have subsided with the use of ultimate flora but I still get the odd bout of the above tummy issues.

See more popular forum discussions.