1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: In Free Fall Through the Looking Glass
Jody Smith continues to try to put into words the horror of the altered state that hobbles the brains of those with ME/CFS...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Probiotics and the immune system in the gut

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by allwxrider, Dec 10, 2010.

1. allwxrider

allwxrider

I have tried small amounts of probiotics in the past. I saw on public TV about Dr. Brenda Watson discussing how 70-80% of the immune system is in the gut (intestines + colon). Dr Watson is a Certified Nutritional Counselor, not an MD. She started RenewLife, a company that specializes in gut disorders.

She was saying that it takes a lot of probiotics to get the system back to normal. Maybe it's too good to be true, but I've been searching for a way to permanently fix the CFS immune system.

Has anyone tried this?

I remember that bacteria eats up Candida A. yeasts.

I know that my CFS started from toxic metals, I got these out 6 years ago. All dental amalgams removed. Lead was high too.
  2. Timaca

Timaca Senior Member

I was on a LOT of various kinds of probiotics because I had C. difficile and also took antibiotics. The probiotics did not help my CFS.

Best, Timaca

See more popular forum discussions.