The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Probiotic Help

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Justin30, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

Hello Everyone,

Can someone please help me locate a link to where I can find/buy:

Bififlor Forte

I know its from Europe and I am in Canada and am looking for a reliable source to purchase it from.

Thank you in advance,

Justin

2. JPV

JPV ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

It seems to contain...
    - L. rhamnosus
    - L. acidophilus
    - B. bifidum

I don't see much of anything special in this probiotic blend. L. acidophilus is generally thought to detrimental for those with ME/CFS as it produces Lactic Acid. Personally, I would avoid taking this formulation. I actually find single strains to make much more sense. If you have a reaction to any single strain, it will be hard to figure out which one is causing the problem when taking such blends.

Anyway, I think you could find similar combinations elsewhere. Here's a decent list...

A List Of The Best Commercial Probiotics

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    PatJ likes this.
  3. JES

JES Senior Member

Agree, those 3 ingredients are found in 99% of probiotics on the market, probiotics containing those can be found in any large grocery store.

4. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

Its what the Dr prescribed. But now that i look at the list its exactly what i have in one of the probiotics in my fridge.

Thanks

Justin

5. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

It shows through tests that I have low L Lactate and normal D lactate.

My stool analysis showed very low level Bifidobacterium and high levels of Bacteroids and Colustradiums.

6. JPV

JPV ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

Unless he's an ME/CFS expert, I think most doctors are pretty ignorant about probiotics.

7. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

He is. Dr KDM

8. JPV

JPV ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

Wow, surprised to hear him recommend a probiotic containing L. acidophilus. I thought Mutaflor (E. coli Nissle) was his favorite. Then again, with all the subtypes that we fall into, what's good for one person may not be the case for someone else. He seems to be one of the smarter guys dealing with this condition so I'd tend to trust his opinion.

BTW, the Bififlor seems to contain some other ingredients, which seem like they may be prebiotics, so maybe there's a reason he's recommending this specific brand.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  9. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

I did notice that as well. I have emailed a pharmacy in europe just dont knowif they will ship it.

See more popular forum discussions.