1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Probiotic advice

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by TaintedLuv, Jul 21, 2011.

1. TaintedLuv

TaintedLuv

Hey all,

I'm just looking for some recommendations on what probiotic(s) is best to take? I know I should probably be taking something anyway, but my reason for wanting to get some right now is I'm currently on strong antibiotics for a dog bite and so want to get onto something as soon as poss. I'm severe with my M.E. and quite sensitive to most supplements/starting new things. I did have acidophilus sat in my fridge but I've just discovered it's gone off... any recommendations would be great, as I've read some probiotics can make us ME sufferers worse?

Thanks in advance!

Becca
  2. RustyJ

RustyJ Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

Brisbane, Aust
    Hi TaintedLuv, some consensus seems to be moving towards using stabilized forms of Bifido without the strep strain. In my opinion viability is a big issue for all probiotics. There are several threads of late discussing these issues. One way of getting around the viability problem may be to culture your own yoghurt from the probiotics. Not only is it cheaper, but you get greater volumes of bacteria and its a good test of viability - if it doesn't culture up then usually viability of the probiotic is suspect.
  3. TaintedLuv

TaintedLuv

4. laura

laura Senior Member

Southern California
    The probiotic that works the best for me is Dr. Ohhiras professional formula. It's the only one that for me actually seems to do a (temporary) fix -- after doing a course of just one box, I can have a happy stomach for many months...

See more popular forum discussions.